Your baby needs rest and sleep when he/she is little enough because they will be tired and cry more often if they don’t get proper sleep and rest required for them.
According to the suggestion of experts, your newborn or infant must sleep at least 16 hours per day to be healthy and active.
The health of the baby is affected if they don’t get proper baby sleep required for them. The disturbance levels are also more with in them without proper sleep and they feel like irritated and cry for simple reasons.
Here are some of the tips which encourage good baby sleep for your little ones:
- Make your child to stay engaged in some activities during the day so that their day time sleep will be reduced and they don’t feel much difficult to attain sleep at night time.
- As a parent, monitor different tasks of your baby like at what time he sleeps, at what time he likes to play, at what time he feels hungry, etc. It’s ok if your baby sleeps for some time during the day. Make him awake if he sleeps for long period of time because he can feel difficulty in getting the sleep at night time if he sleeps for more hours during the day.
- Maintain reliable bedtime routine for your baby so that he gets accustomed to it and performs the task automatically when it is time for it.
- Select the nice crib and bedding for your little one which can make him to feel comfortable while sleeping. It can be considered as the important thing because your baby will not get restful and refreshed sleep if you don’t provide good comfortable levels while sleeping.
- Food also plays an important role to obtain good baby sleep for your little one. Good nutritious food encourages your little one to sleep where as the food that is not nutritious makes him to feel difficult in performing various tasks. The strength and energy levels of the baby will also be reduced if you don’t provide good nutritious food required for him. [Baby Nutrition]
- Put of the lights which focus more on your baby’s room during night time. Arrange dim lights in your baby’s nursery and put it on when it is your baby’s sleeping time. High focus lights will not be helpful to attain good sleep where as dim lights are more helpful to attain better sleep during night time.
- Observe in which position your baby feels comfortable while sleeping. If it is a wrong position which causes pain for your baby, try to avoid it slowly by changing the position after sleeping or else if that position does not create disadvantages allow him to sleep in that position.