In this technology-filled fast paced life, it is difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Not only adults but also kids too fall into the trap of unhealthy and fast lifestyle. As kids grow up, they absorb the lifestyle which certainly becomes difficult to carry forward, eventually leading to health issues. As parents, it becomes a moral responsibility to help your kids grow under the roof easy and healthy lifestyle.
You can help your kid by pushing them to do following things:
- Be a role model for them by following healthy diet
- Provide calm and healthy environment around
- Set an appropriate screen time, outdoor activity and resting time. Ensure they follow it strictly
- Developing and maintaining positive body image
The above-mentioned points are certain things to follow by both parents and the kids. However, there is much more to it and we will look into it further
It’s not about being slim or overweight; it’s about having the proper lifestyle for kids. There are many things to consider making the lifestyle of the kid healthy
Diet is not just the answer:
Many parents force their kids to undergo exercise or diet, which may result in a negative reaction. According to several studies, kids who follow a diet, weigh more than the normal diet person. Moreover, they have a greater risk of eating disorder. So it is better to avoid kids undergoing any kind of diet.
Following some simple actions will help kids to develop positive lifestyle habits:
- Being Active by Playing Together: It is important for kids to follow 60 minutes of daily physical activity and be a part of it. This not only helps to build a good rapport with your kid but also help them in building their mind and body. You can plan family outing once a week to enjoy a great time with them.
- Eat Proper Breakfast: A right and healthy breakfast is the best way to begin the day. Create a List of foods to include in the daily diet of your kid. Teach your kids to use a blender so that they can make their own breakfast smoothie along with dried fruit and nuts.
- Limit the Sugar-Sweetened Beverages: Kids get addicted to sweet beverages like soft drinks, fruit punch and other sugar-based beverages. So restricting them to consume sweet beverages right from the early age will help in following a healthy lifestyle. Instead, give them homemade iced tea and lemonade.
- Reduce Screen Time and Late Night Sleep: Let them follow the strict timetable of screen time and discourage late night sleeps. Kids having enough sleep will help them in mental development and perform well in school. When it comes to screen time, it is better not to have a TV in kid’s room.
Implementing these tips on kids will not only help in making their childhood lifestyle but also a better future ahead. It is up to the parents on how they manage to keep a tab on kids and help in their growth.