Do you feel that your child is more susceptible to back-to-school sickness?
Children often feel excited when they start getting into their back-to-school routine.
However, it can be quite challenging for you as a parent if you know that your child is more prone to allergies and other sicknesses that result from going to school.
Even though it is inevitable, there are a few ways to help you keep back-to-school sickness in your child to a minimum.
- Talk to your child’s doctor: If your child is prone to back-to-school sickness, consult your child’s doctor and take necessary precautionary medications such as vaccination shots to prevent infections.
- Talk to your child’s teacher: This is the first thing that you should do because s/he is the person who is present most of time with your kid in school. Ask simple questions like how often they can wash their hands etc.
- Teach your kids to wash hands often: Teach your little one to wash his/her hands after eating or before touching dirty objects.
- Give them a bottle of clean distilled water: If you feel that drinking water in your child’s school is unhygienic, tell your children not to drink water at school. Give them a bottle of clean distilled water to take to school.
- Provide a healthy diet for your child: A balanced diet with enough anti-oxidant sources can help your child fight against sickness at school. Be sure to ensure that your child gets the right healthy food at the right time.