Taking care of the baby! This is terribly unmanly but this is a new world we live in.
Husband needs to understand the exhaustion of a new mom. Yes, you are also new to this parenting.
But giving birth to a baby naturally or surgically is really tiring.
The hormones surging in new mom’s body, sleep problems and breastfeeding are real factors to give new mom a break.
Yes, you are thinking in a correct way that new mom has handled the tasks up to now without breaks.
It is time for you to jump in until new mom is ready. Giving new mom a break makes her refreshed and come in better mood.
Tips to give new mom a break:
- Some new moms do not feel to ask for the break. Some of them are unwilling to be separated from their baby. It is your duty to insist upon a break for new mom. It will be really excellent if you suggest a break before a new mom realizes that she needs a break.
- Break for new mom means, you have to allow her to relax on the mother responsibilities even for a brief amount of time.
- If you can’t watch the baby alone and if your wife gets needed time for rest, you can bring her back to assist you. You can always take the suggestion and help from your wife to take care of the baby.
- It is not necessary that break should be elaborative. A new mom feels like a new person after the break without the baby along with her. A small break for new mom will count towards cool points for you.
- Simple things like asking her to chat with her friends or asking to take a short nap are the important things which you can do it for new mom.
- Do you have some time and cash to spare on new mom? If yes, you can pamper her with manicure, pedicure, massages and spa treatments. With this, she can feel more like a woman. Just a simple eyebrow waxing makes her feel good.
- The important is set aside time for new mom indulge in activities she enjoyed before becoming a new mom. Did she enjoy in singing? Did she enjoy in working out at the gym? Encourage you wife to go out once in a while without the baby.
- You have to say her you are doing a great job and you deserve a break. Don’t be hesitant in saying like “I think you need a break”. If she is raising your kids to be at their best, it is your responsibility to give her break.
- Giving new mom a break makes her patient and effective parent to your bundle of joy. She will be a more loving and affectionate wife to you.