It’s important for a child to learn to be independent and care for himself.
But how do you know when a child is old and mature enough to stay alone?
In general, a child younger than age 10 probably isn’t ready.
But when it comes to older children, the Nemours Foundation says the time may be right to forgo a babysitter if your child:
- Feels comfortable with the prospect of staying alone.
- Shows a sense of responsibility with chores, doing homework, and following rules and directions.
- Stays calm in difficult or unexpected situations, and knows how to handle them.
- Clearly understands and regularly follows rules.
- Knows basic first aid.
- Knows and follows rules for staying away from strangers.
Source: Yahoo News