A lot of people give up their jobs or their businesses when the baby arrives so that they can give their time and care to the growing child. These days, not just women but also men have started taking time off from work to care for the child. But is being a stay at home parent really a good thing? Well, there are both pros and cons to being a stay at home parent but is still mostly a matter of individual choice. The following are some of the advantages or benefits of being a stay at home parent:
- One of the most obvious and most important benefits of being a stay at home parent is that you will get to be with your child 24×7 and care for him like no other person can probably do. Staying at home with your child can help you spend a great deal of quality time during his/her growing up years.
- Another benefit of being a stay at home parent is that you can supervise the way the child grows, look after his/her growth, nutritional needs, nurturing and early education.
- A stay at home parent can experience all the ‘firsts’ of the baby such as the first time the baby walks, the first time he/she crawls and the first words he/she speaks. These moments are very precious and if they are missed, they can never come back again.
- A stay at home parent also has the benefit of establishing a deeper bond with the baby. This bond cannot be achieved by working parents who spend most of the day away from the baby who is left in the care of the caregiver.
- Another benefit of being a stay at home parent is that you can save all the money which you would have spent on caregiver and other services like toddler care homes etc. This saved money can go into building a better future for the baby or the child.
- A stay at home parent doesn’t have to worry about how the child would be doing at home or with another person. This reduces the stress levels and also gives the parent full assurance of the child’s safety and care.
- For a child, a parent is irreplaceable and by spending maximum time with him/her, you give him/her the feeling of actual parent’s warmth and love which cannot be given by anyone else.