Parenting is not an easier task and considering the changes in society, it has become tougher. To manage all the household expense, it has become a mandatory thing for both the parents to work. In the race of becoming successful and living luxurious lives, parents spend very less time with their children. In addition, in the end get children very less connected to their parents making it more difficult for the parents to understand their child’s feeling.
10 tips to help struggling working parents are as mentioned below:
- Have flexible timings: It is important to have your work a bit flexible as per the requirement of your children. This flexibility will help you to maintain the relationship with your children and this way some ‘me’ time could be taken out. It is very important to not let your child feel that he/she is not important, so for that, it is an important task to be done.
- Prioritize your work: When you work always give priority to the work to be done before and then if there is still time left, work on other things. This way you can always complete your work on time and then further take out some time to spend with children and family.
- Managing your time: It is the most important aspect to be kept in mind while you are working. In surveys, it is found that people have a problem in managing their work hours as per the requirement at home. Therefore, doing this will help working parents to look after other things as well.
- Divide and work: This should be the most basic rule in every working parent’s life. Because when the couples divide some of the work among themselves, then no one feels pressurized. This way, the work could be done on time and there would still be time left for parents to spend with their children.
- Weekends only for the family: Always try to keep weekends for your family. That way, the child also learns the value of family. Look for different places to visit so that you get to know your child better and develop a good bonding.
- Happy environment: Always try to keep a light environment at home by having dinner together, watching television together, and thus having a good time. This will make your child feel wanted and you will become less stressed about things.
- Balance: It is very important to have a proper balance between your private and professional life. It is said that you should not bring your work to home. As long as you maintain this work- home balance, you would be a happy family.
- Help your child: Working parents are usually not able to look after their child statistically. Try helping your child with homework and doing various activities that indulge them more. Don’t force them to always follow your wishes. Look for the suggestion given by them and then act on them if they are good.
- Get yourself involved: Ignoring your child could be a problem for both, the parents as well as for the children. Therefore, parents should try to involve themselves in their child’s conversations and their work. That way, they could keep an eye on the things the child is doing and correct them when they are wrong.
- Always set realistic expectations: Do not let your child dream about something that is difficult to achieve. Take one-step at a time and all will be good.